Sunday, October 19, 2008

wow that hurt

One of the worst things I’ve ever experienced riding was a fall I took last year. I was riding at my usual mountain (mountain creek) and I decided to switch up the trails a little bit. It was getting close to the end of the season so a lot of the time the snow at night gets a little icy and slick. Me being the thrill seeker I am decided to go off the trail and up into the trees (something I do a lot but never fail at most of the time) I was up in the trees with a lot of speed and very little room to slow down on. I noticed the trail I was on got a little bumpy and stiff so I tried to slow down but before I knew I was being launched off a little tree stump and flying in mid air onto an icy patch on rocks. I ended up back down smashing my elbow on this 5 inch deep icy rocky surface. As I laid there I thought for sure my elbow was in a million little pieces. I pulled myself up by a nearby tree and got right back on the trail as soon as possible I made it all the way t the bottom just to see my brother hop back on the lift. Me being the genius I am jumped back on the lift to catch my brother. On the ride up I’m telling him how much pain I’m in that I don’t even know if I can get back down the mountain. After I get to the top I take my time going back down so I don’t do any more damage. I finally get to the bottom and go to the med office. The lady checks me out and say it can possibly be broken but more than likely it’s not. We took the 2 hour ride home my brother and I and I went straight to the hospital to get x-rayed. After the x-rays at 2 in the morning the doc told me it was broken just bruised really bad, but until this day I disagree. My arm blew up like a balloon and as I’m writing this I can play with a chip in my elbow. After this whole ordeal I winded up taking a week or two off and let it heal and was right back on the mountain as soon as possible….

No comments: